Steps To Enroll
- Proof of 10th grade education or equivalent
Be at least 17 years of age
No prior cosmo/barber license revoked
Not have submitted falsified info to Barber & Cosmo board
Current valid government issued ID
Possess a current valid social security card or tax identification number (ITIN)
If convicted of a felony all related arrest, court, parole, and or probation documents must be provided.
Want more information? Call us at 909.437.8398 to set up an appointment.
Ready to start your new career? Click below to fill out enrollment application.
- Attend (39) health and safety course.
- You will learn stateboard laws and health regulations.
- Once student is able to locate a barbershop or salon they can submit application for apprentice license.
- Program Length: (1.5)-(2) years depending on hours worked each week. Earn while you learn!
- Program Hours: (220) classroom hours | (3200) hours training at barbershop or salon.
- Apprentices are required to complete (32)-(42.5) hours of training per week at their chosen salon or barbershop and AT THE SAME TIME attending class (4) hours per week on their designated class day.
- Upon completion of hours, students are eligible to apply for licensing exam at stateboard facility.
Policy: Above The Rest Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and other school administered programs.